Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Musical Chairs



I just heard the news about Steven Drucker and I hope he moves on to bigger and better things. For anyone that doesnt know what Im talking about, heres a little backstory-Steven was Editor-In-Chief at House Beautiful, then Town and Country and now, who knows. The magazine world has gone through many changes in the past few years- many folding, editor's losing jobs, switching jobs. Trust me, it's been hard to keep track. Usually we read magazines and rarely know who the editor even is, but they have a huge role in developing the theme of a publication. House Beautiful for many years was considered old school. Under the helm of Mr. Drucker the magazine was revived and inspiring once again. So when I heard Newell Turner was taking over in the summer of 2010, I was sad. I tried to stay positive, hoping they had moved Drucker to Town and Country to give new blood to that franchise. But after a quick stay, it was just revealed that he is leaving, replaced by Jay Feilden, editor of Men's Vogue. I'm sure we will never know the real story or happenings behind the scenes, but I wish all the best to Steven Drucker. His letter to readers were moving and honest and kept me a loyal reader. Here are a few samplings.


No comments:

Post a Comment