Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Home Front


I spend insane amounts of time thinking about my garden- which new plants to seasonally add, what to trim, constantly wondering why the vines aren't taking, what to put in my window boxes. Then I saw Angie Hranowsky's home, it was like a light went off in my head. Maybe simpler is better, not just in terms of maintenance but also aesthetically. For a hedge Angie chose one plant, the repetition makes a bold statement.(In my backyard, I have hop bushes lined up to hide the neighbor's ugly chain link fence) She added a statement plant or two, the big hydrangea bush above. The look is completed with a tree at the front door that can be swapped out seasonally. Easy! Landscaping can be such a complicated, overwhelming process, just remember to keep things simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment